A resume, by definition is a document prepared with the primary motive of marketing an individual’s skill set, achievements and potential.
This document speaks precisely of the qualification, academic and professional, and focuses on the interest area of the candidate.
This document must be so arranged that it provides maximum data at a glance.
- Your resume must be easy to read. Always think of the reader’s needs.
- Use dedicated sections not just headers to split up your resume into simple segments. This is to help the reader focus on specific information like qualifications etc.
- Make sure that your resume has a credible, professional look and use color to break up your sections. Look professional.
- Allow space for your information to be heard and read legibly.
- If you have high value information, like an internship or project relevant to the application, include it.